Wednesday 11 February 2015

When time stood still ~ #SoundOfLove

Image Source: http://bluestone.blogadda.com/images/bluestone.jpg
I was painfully shy and in love with this girl with long black hair and shining soulful eyes. We worked in the same office and each day I saw her and fell more and more in love with her. She was intellectual, charming, caring and always jovial. But unlike me she was easy with people while I got uncomfortable with people around me. So it was like we were opposites.

Valentine's day was arriving and with that my determination to propose to her was also strengthening. V-day was the perfect day to propose to her and end my agony of not knowing if she loved me or not.

But how to go about it? We had never talked. Our interactions were limited to only the occasional "hellos". In order to get this girl, who made my heart skip a beat every time she looked at me, I knew that I had to do something dramatic. So I came up with a plan that hopefully would get my love message to her.

I decided on proposing to her in front of the whole office. Everyone knew how shy I was so this was the best way to show her that I truly loved her but also the most difficult thing that I would be doing. My hands shook and sweat beaded my forehead but still I moved towards her cubicle.

She was busy working and didn't notice me at first but then she saw me and looking at my sweaty face, asked, "Hey, What are you doing here? Do you need something?"

"Did I need something? Hell, yeah...I needed her!" I thought.

"Arrr..uhh..no...I mean yes. I need something." I stuttered.

"What?" She asked and by now, my colleagues in the adjoining cubicles had started noticing our strange interaction, my 
nervous disposition and were busy hearing our conversation with interest which made me more nervous but I had to do this.

"I need you." I whispered.

"Excuse me?" She sounded incredulous and eyed me with one eyebrow raised.

I was literally quaking in my shoes but it was now a do-or-die situation so I straightened my shoulders and told her again in the most confident voice I could muster at that moment.

"I said that I need you because I LOVE YOU."

I told her, all the while aware that the whole office was listening and maybe even betting on the outcome.

She had stood by now and I could not make out what she was thinking which somewhat scared me but then all my doubts and fears turned into incredulity when she started laughing.

Tears rolled down her cheeks but she still laughed, making me feel stupid and even angry. This was cruelty. She could have rejected my proposal but by laughing she was making fun of my emotions and of me.

I could take it no longer and move forward, took her hand in my own, swung her towards me and kissed her soundly.

Suddenly, there was complete silence in the office and I realized that I had overstepped a line here. I was beginning to form an apology when she jerked me towards her and kissed me back.

"What the hell?" was the first thought in my mind but then all my thoughts were shut down and it was only me and her there.

"I LOVE YOU too. Have loved you ever since I saw you. Thank God, you came to your senses and proposed to me or else I would have to do that." She whispered in my ear, leaving me speechless.

"She loved me." I thought feeling giddy and on-top-of-the-world.

Even the sudden hooting and clapping didn't make me leave her. Here we stood in the middle of the office in each other's embrace.

"I LOVE YOU." I spoke loudly to her.

"I LOVE HER and SHE LOVES ME!" I shouted as I looked towards my friends and colleagues, wanting to share this great news with them.

I was so happy that it seemed like everything was more brighter and suddenly more appealing. The woman I loved, loved me too and our love story was now a reality!

That day, I knew that I would do anything to cherish her, love her and support her because finally the time had stood still and there was only the #SoundOfLove with her expressing her love for me and I expressing mine for her!

I am participating in the #SoundOfLove activity atBlogAdda in association with Bluestone


1 comment: